Friday, August 17, 2007

Here it is Friday & I'm Still Adrift

A week away from school starting and . . . I am adrift on the sea of hormones (not in a good way). At least this will be past by the time I am in class with my students.

I lifted weights last night while going through a particularly low and anxious moment. It really helped. By the time my honey got home I was not a raving lunatic any more. I need to go out for a walk, but the same construction workers down the street that amused me a couple of weeks ago make me edgy now/today.

I want to wear my old comfy clothes today, but they make me feel frumpy instead of comfortable. I guess I should just hit the shower and wash up, give myself a facial and change into clothes that are more perky.

It amazes me that humoring my need to be a hermit does not make me feel better. I actually feel worse. It takes a certain amount of energy to look good, but I am not comfortable being a self-fulfilling prophecy. (I feel frumpy therefore I will look frumpy therefore I will be frumpy)

I WANT OUT OF MY OWN HEAD!!!! Agh!!!

No comments: