Saturday, December 8, 2007

All Made Up

As promised I got my make-up done today.

I think I am pleased. (My Honey will not be because the cost of the product that I couldn't live without was more than the cost of the spa package in the first place. But . . . hey (shrug shoulders in what I hope is a brave way) . . . that's quality make-up. Right?

My make-up artist was very knowledgeable and very perceptive. (I like that in a woman who is going to help me recreate myself.)

She "prepared my skin for the make-up" by putting on moisturizer and an eye cream (that, looking back, I should have bought). Then she created a foundation that is custom blended to match my skin tone. I like that. It is mineral based which means that it is light and breezy. I'm a big fan of the mineral make-up.

She did my eyes in a semi-smoky style but with neutral colors. I like them. They really pop.

She did something really interesting with my lips. She lined them. Then she put a gloss over them. No lipstick. It looks really cool.

I wanted to take pictures to show you haw great this looks, but, as usual, I am not getting shots that do it justice.

Only my Honey takes good photos of me these days. But he is always at work, so it is hard to get him to take pictures when I want them. (He will see the bill for this make-up and announce that he is going to have to be at work even longer to fuel my make-up habit.)

However, I am presenting myself to the public more and more often and I need to be presentable.

No comments: