Friday, July 13, 2007

Bad Hair Days are Done

After a salon disaster in May that left me looking like a mushroom. I have been waiting for my hair to grow back in enough that a stylist might have a chance to correct it without having to shave me bald and start from scratch. Well, the day finally arrived and I discovered a real treasure in Yorkville: The Wild Iris Salon.

My last trip to the old, and terrible Salon Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken (or written for that matter) left me feeling inadequate and incompetent. My grief was heightened because I possessed a very attractive haircut prior to that visit, one that I had been living in fear of losing. The fear was justified I guess, but the best part of the whole experience was that it motivated me to get out of the chain salons and try to find a place where I hoped they would really understand me. Happily last, night I did it.

Perhaps it is the predominantly purple and green logo that attracted me. I am a sucker for that color combination. It just screams fun to me. But I'm so glad I went in because Tiffany, the stylist who was assigned to me, was wonderful. She welcomed me, commiserated with me about my hair, truly heard me describe myself, and created a wonderful haircut and color that left me feeling like the hot chick I truly want to be.

The salon is a full service salon with manicures, massages, waxing, gifts. They greet you with the offer of refreshments and even offer a complimentary heated neck wrap while you wait. I took advantage of this immediately.

You see, right before I got to my destination, in the 10 minutes it took me to drive to the salon from my house, I received a call from my son reporting that he had cracked his elbow/funny bone on the counter by our refrigerator so hard that his fingers "tingled and felt hot." When I arrived I called home one last time, fearing that I might have to cancel out entirely. Nine year olds do not understand hot tingly fingers like you or I might. This call revealed that though he only felt "a little better" he believed that he could manage to survive a few hours until I got home -- if his older brother would be his slave and get him everything he wanted. This chance for me to be even more pampered was truly appreciated.

When Tiffany was done I felt miraculously changed as well as professionally cared for. The nice surprise was the price which I found to be quite reasonable considering what she had done for me.

The Wild Iris is best known in my area for offering Diva Parties for young girls, but I am planning to look into throwing some sort of big girl party there in August to celebrate growing more at peace with myself (I hope). Anyway, I look forward to exploring Wild Iris' other services and returning to Tiffany on a regular basis.

Take a look at the wonderful services available there. You don't have to be twelve to be treated like a Diva. For your convenience I have attached a link to The Wild Iris Salon and Gifts I am hard to please, because of many bad experiences in the past, but as I embrace my inner princess I am glad to find places like this are glad to help and very capable of being successful.

No comments: